This year, you can be a superhero and protect many mothers and future newborns from MNT. It’s simple- just bring a UNICEF collection box with you as you go trick-or-treating!
FOLLOW THESE 5 EASY STEPS...
1. Pick a fundraiser. Ideas include collecting funds door-to-door, hosting a spooky Halloween dance, a “trunk-or-treat” or possibly an old-fashioned pumpkin pie bake-off. You can do anything, it's all up to you. Click here to find a few!
2. Set a goal and estimate how much you’ll end up making. Then subtract your expenses, this is your fundraising goal!
3. Do you have everything you need to host your fundraiser? If not, go buy them! Order collection boxes at the Kiwanis Family Store. Do you need decorations, food or costumes? Consider asking for donations from local businesses or even large chain stores.
4. Promote your event. Check out our social media graphics and 2017 guide to promote your event online. Or make your own flier or display. Spread the word to everyone and tell them how they can donate. Also, share the information with your sponsoring Kiwanis club.
5. Submit your donations. Send your donations to the Kiwanis Children’s Fund, along with the donation form. Be sure to include “Trick-or-Treat” and your club number on the memo line with checks. If your club submits US$250 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF donations by December 31, 2017, your club will earn a banner patch.
WHERE DO I SEND THE FUNDS?
Once you’ve collected all of your donations, send a check or money order (made payable to the Kiwanis Children's Fund) and your completed gift form to:
The Eliminate Project: Campaign Office
Kiwanis Children's Fund
P.O. Box 6457 - Dept #286
Indianapolis, IN 46206 USA
Be sure to include "Trick-or-Treat" and your club number on the memo line of the check.
If your club uses a coin counting kiosk like Coinstar, please send the donations directly to the Kiwanis Children's Fund, not UNICEF USA, so that your club receives credit and donations are applied to The Eliminate Project.
Fun Fact: Since 1994, Key Club has raised more than US$7 million for child survival and development programs around the world.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
This year, the Service Leadership Program goal is to raise more than US$1 million.
Thank you for committing to help eliminate MNT.
Have questions? Visit TheEliminateProject.org/trickortreat, or contact email@example.com.